Glossary beginning with B
Click one of the letters above to go to the page of all terms beginning with that letter.
- Money paid to insure that a person will show up to court
- A person in charge of security in a courtroom
- Where the judge sits. Usually a table and a chair. Not an actual bench.
- Bench trial
- A trial decided by a judge without a jury
- A person that gets property or money from someone when they die
- Having two spouses at once
- Birth certificate
- A legal document with a person's place of birth, time of birth, and parents
- Burden of proof
- Having to show evidence to prove something